Coastline Regional Occupational Program (ROP)
Rules of Student Conduct
ROP courses are designed to reflect the real work environment in every way possible. Similar to the rules, regulations, and guidelines required in industry, Coastline ROP requires all students to comply with basic rules of student conduct and to submit to the authority of ROP administrators and teachers during their participation in ROP classes.
Involvement in any of the following actions while on an ROP or high school campus, or community classroom training site, may result in dismissal.
- Causing, attempting to cause, or threatening to cause physical injury to another person.
- Causing or attempting to cause damage to ROP or high school property.
- Stealing or attempting to steal ROP, high school or private property.
- Possessing, using or attempting to sell any controlled substance, alcoholic beverage, or drug paraphernalia.
- Possessing or using any firearm, knife, explosive, or other dangerous object.
- Committing obscene acts or gestures or engaging in profanity or vulgarity.
- Wearing inappropriate attire. Teachers will advise students of appropriate classroom and community classroom attire as it relates to their specific industry.
- Behaving disruptively or dishonestly within the classroom or training sites, or willfully defying the valid authority of teachers or ROP officials engaged in the performance of their job duties.
- Violating computer software licenses/agreements/copyrights or tampering with computer hardware/software configurations.
- Committing acts of sexual harassment defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a nature that can be interpreted as harassment.
- Smoking (including vaping) on ROP or high school grounds is prohibited; the ROP is a smoke-free facility.
- Committing any acts of discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, or disability while enrolled in ROP career and technical education classes.
Classroom Management Guidelines
Student Use of Technology
We care about you, your future, and your dreams – Coastline ROP inspires our students to keep reaching higher.
Partner with Coastline ROP, and tap into an innovative source of skilled workforce talent.
Our hands-on, innovative methods build lifelong learners. Let Coastline ROP inspire the achiever in your student.