Coastline Regional Occupational Program (ROP)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is ROP? ROP is:
- State-funded public education, providing career technical education and guidance to meet identified educational standards and industry needs
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Part of the Huntington Beach Union, Irvine, Newport-Mesa, Saddleback Valley and Tustin Unified School Districts
- Sequential learning designed to improve academic skills
- A course of study that combines classroom instruction with hands-on learning
- Taught by fully credentialed teachers with industry experience and experienced in their related industries
Who can take ROP classes?
- High school students enrolled in one of our fi ve partner districts
Why take an ROP class? ROP students can:
- Earn grades and credits toward high school graduation
- Enroll in classes that satisfy a-g requirement for UC and CSU
- Gain experience required for immediate employment
- Participate in courses that offer internships if they are at least 16 years of age
- Earn certificates of achievement
- Experience careers that may assist in choosing college majors and enhance college admission applications
- Upgrade skills, change careers, or prepare for re-entry into the workforce
- Prepare for post secondary education
When and where are classes offered?
- Classes are held in businesses and on high school campuses located within the five partner districts, during and after school, evenings, and Saturdays.
- The school year is divided into two 18-week semesters, fall and spring. Classes may be one or two semesters in length. See schedule of classes for start dates.
How can you register for classes?
- Register for all classes at: https://coastlinerop.coursestorm.com
What is the cost?
- Classes are free to high school students
- Some courses charge a fee for fabricated or other items that will be taken home. Check schedule of classes for specific requirements
- For information on adult fee-based classes, see the schedule of classes.
What about job placement?
- High school students can access employment information in their high school careers centers
We care about you, your future, and your dreams – Coastline ROP inspires our students to keep reaching higher.
Partner with Coastline ROP, and tap into an innovative source of skilled workforce talent.
Our hands-on, innovative methods build lifelong learners. Let Coastline ROP inspire the achiever in your student.